Believe What You Believe

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Not Your Father's Rapper Rumble

Def Jam Fight for NYSo Joshua got Def Jam Fight for NY for his birthday. He chose it over God of War, which flabbergasted me.

After he had played it a few days he tried to explain the premise to me.

"...And you meet other rappers and have to defeat them to take over these nightclubs..."

And so on. He launched into a description of his latest exploit.

"...And this rapper I had defeated jumps me in the subway and he has a shotgun..." he enthusiastically told me.

"Lemme guess," I interrupted, "you pull out your gatt and pop a cap in his ass!"

Joshua looked vaguely embarrassed, "No."

"You take a shiv and cut him stem to stern," I supplied.

"No Pop," he sighed, "He tired to shoot me but he ran outta ammo. Then I beat him in a fist fight!"

A fist fight?

It occurred to me that the rappers of my day, 2Pac, the Notorious B.I.G., etc., must be rolling in their violent graves. A fist fight? *sigh*

~~~

Joshua just came into the room asking "who is this big tall guy with the clock on his chest?"

I know about a small, old guy who wears a clock on his chest. I guess that will have to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home